Sunday, August 18, 2013

Artist Hands

An artist is an artist
In every moment
In every action

Clean pages
Clean hands
Are naked in his eyes

The ink
The paint
The charcoal

His hands are his pallett
His painting
His brush

When his hands are stained
He can breathe
He can be

They show everything he is
They are, he is
His masterpiece

Each stroke of the beauty he has made
Is contained
And written on his hands

They are the history he hates to erase
But loves to rewrite
Every moment of time

An artist sees beauty
In everything there is
And his hands are his piece of it all

They are a soldiers scars
A writers rough drafts
The bags of an endless night

Burn my books
But let me walk
With an artists hands

I will hold them to the light
To the sky
To the world

I can take my art with me
Wherever I go
And tell the world

This is who I am

An artist
With artist's hands

No comments:

Post a Comment